Let’s face it, shopping for the holidays can be a daunting chore, but finding that one unique extra special gift makes it all worth it. We have compiled a list of some truly unique Alaskan gifts that will make your holiday a little brighter.
- Brianna Reagan Art – Ok, we admit that we have a huge art crush for Brianna Reagan’s works. Her strange and beautiful images are full of the whimsy of nature plus a twist into a world of wonder and oddity. You can find original pieces and prints from her shop as well as functional items like tote bags and phone cases at her society6 partner site. Items range from $15-$335.
- Zach LaPerriere Bowls – If you’re looking for a family heirloom piece or something that will simply look stunning on your kitchen table, the turned bowls from master woodworker Zach LaPerriere will make a perfect gift. These bowls are made from salvaged wood from the Tongass Rainforest in southeast Alaska and are truly beautiful pieces of art. Made in small batches, bowls are not always in stock so check the shop often and act fast once they’re available. Bowls should be in stock in their online shop in early December. Pieces range from $50-$195.
- ArXotica Skin Care – Natural wild sourced skin care products are hard to come by, but ArXotica has you covered. Their anti-aging serum, soaps, and scents are all made from wild ingredients harvested from the tundra around Bethel, Alaska, a rural town that is not connected to the main road system in Alaska. You want to win a giving a useful gift that you can’t find on the corner store, then you need to check this out! Items range from $3-$150.
- Trickster Company – From Juneau, Alaska, this cooperative of Alaska Native artists offers beautiful and contemporary Formline artwork on a wide range of products. Not only can you adorn your walls, but you can also buy jewelry, clothing, sunglasses, basketballs, even snowboards all with traditional Alaskan Native Formline designs. They even have fun Alaskan interpretations of iconic Star Wars images. Items range from $3-$600
- Boreal Winds Soap – Who doesn’t love a bar of nice smelling handmade soap? Boreal Winds, located in Salcha, Alaska, creates a wide variety of soaps that not only smell good but are made with Alaskan ingredients, like silt from Portage Glacier, or reindeer milk! You can’t get more festive than freshening up with a bar of reindeer milk soap! Items range from $8-$11
- Alaska Cache Box – If you’re interested in a surprise assortment of Alaskan gifts, an Alaska Cache Box is the perfect gift! These subscription boxes contain 4-6 items from the best Alaskan businesses, makers, and artists and are sent out in December, March, June, and September. You can order one time boxes, or sign up for a reoccurring subscription and enjoy Alaska all year long. Discover the best of Alaska from rural villages like Anaktuvuk to the bustling city of Anchorage, and everything in between! This November 25-28 you can receive 15% your order with the coupon code: MOOSE2016 . Boxes are $45.95.